Nashville Plantation Shutters
There’s a reason that plantation shutters are the top choice in window treatments for many homeowners. Both decorative and durable, functional and energy efficient, shutters are designed for a lifetime of enjoyment.
- Shutters fit all style and decors – from traditional to contemporary. Shutters are both decorative and functional. Shutters are custom made to blend with the other architectural feature of your home, while allowing for light control and privacy.
- Shutters will last decades and will increase your home’s value and appearance from both inside and outside of you home.
- Each shutter we offer is designed for optimal appearance and fit. We professionally measure, build and install your shutters to your precise specifications.
- Our highly experienced professional installers ensure
that your window treatments are installed to fit and function to our high standards.
Web Special - Custom shutters: $22.99 / sq. ft.
- Premium U.S. made hardwood shutters
- Louver sizes from 2 1/2″, 3 1/2″ or 4 1/2″
- Shutter panel construction up to 34″ wide
- Complimentary in-home consultation, measurement and quote
- Professional installation
Special details: Price based on cash discount. Pricing valid only in metro Nashville area. Minimum order is $500. Offer subject to change. Special price does not apply to non-standard shutters, e.g. non-rectangular shutters, stained basswood shutters, hidden tilt rod, double hung, etc.
Our products are custom crafted. Build your shutters to your exact preferences by selecting from our many options.
Choose from the traditional 2 1/2”, popular 3 1/2” or more open 4 1/2” louvers
Custom color match to any color or chose from 30+ standard colors
Either 1 wide or 2 narrower panels can cover most windows.
View all shutter options »
The plantations shutters we sell are all built to the exact dimensions of your windows. Each component is cut to fit the design you prefer. Acadia uses the finest grade seasoned, kiln dried US hardwoods for our shutters. Shutters can be painted any color.
Rollover the letters to learn more about the anatomy of our shutters.
Measure 3/4" in thickness and can vary from 3 1/2" to 5" tall,
depending on the height of the panel. Rail height is usually kept
to a minimum to maximize the amount of light the panel allows when
louvers are open. Rails tend to be taller for wider panels to add strenghth to panel.
Decorative Beaded Stile
Either 1 3/4" or 2" wide x 1" thick with decorative bead on inside edge of stile.
Louvers are available in 2 1/2"(pictured), 3 1/2" or 4 1/2" sizes.
Louvers can either be flat or tapered (pictured).
Nylon Louver Pins
Allow for smooth and easy opening and closing of louvers. The shoulder of each pin acts as a
washer to separate stile and louvers, even after multiple coats of paint have been applied to the shutters.
Tension screws on either side of panel enables an owner to adjust the louver
tension of shutters with a basic phillips head screwdriver.
Measuring 3/8" by 1/2", the tilt rod connects all louvers and can be raised or
lowered to open or close the louvers.
Where panels adjoin another panel stiles are rabbetted to allow panels to overlap by 1/4".
This prevents light from penetrating through the gap between adjoining panels.
Measuring 3" x 3/8" diameter, 3 hardwood dowels provide
strong and durable joinery of each stile and rail.
This optional feature provides the panel greater structural integrity
while allowing the top and bottom section of louvers to be opened and closed independently.
The divider rail is either 4" tall (pictured) for panels with
2 1/2" or 4 1/2" louvers, or 3" tall for 3 1/2" louvers.