Atlanta Plantation Shutters
Shutters are a beautiful combination of style, versatility and durability. Both decorative and durable, energy efficient and affordable, our shutters are designed for a lifetime of enjoyment.
- Shutters are both decorative and functional. Shutters blend beautifully as an architectural feature of your home, while allowing for light control and privacy. Shutters compliment all decors – from traditional to contemporary.
- Shutters are a permanent addition to your home that will increase your home’s value and appeal from both inside and outside of you home.
- Each shutter panel is designed for optimal appearance, function and fit. We professionally build and install our shutters to your precise specifications.
- Acadia Shutters stands behind our products with a five year warranty.
- Our highly experienced professional installers ensure
that your window treatments are installed to fit and function to our high standards.
Web Special - Custom shutters: $18.99 / sq. ft.
- Same custom made, hardwood shutters we’ve installed at the Atlanta Ritz Carlton, Governor’s Mansion and Chateau Elan.
- Your choice of 2 1/2″, 3 1/2″ or 4 1/2″ louvers
- Custom color matching
- Full range of hardware colors
- Free in home consultation and measurement
- Professional installation
Special details: Special valid only in metro Atlanta. Min. order size is $500. Price subject to change. Extra charges will apply for specialty shutters, e.g. non-rectangular shutters such as arches, stained basswood shutters, etc.
Our products are custom crafted. Build your shutters to your exact preferences by selecting from our many options.
Choose from the traditional 2 1/2”, popular 3 1/2” or more open 4 1/2” louvers
Custom color match to any color or chose from 30+ standard colors
Either 1 wide or 2 narrower panels can cover most windows.
View all shutter options »
All shutters we sell are custom manufactured to the exact size of each of your windows and to your exact preferences. Acadia uses the finest grade seasoned, kiln dried hardwoods for our shutters. Shutters can be painted any color.
Rollover the letters to learn more about the anatomy of our shutters.
Measure 3/4" in thickness and can vary from 3 1/2" to 5" tall,
depending on the height of the panel. Rail height is usually kept
to a minimum to maximize the amount of light the panel allows when
louvers are open. Rails tend to be taller for wider panels to add strenghth to panel.
Decorative Beaded Stile
Either 1 3/4" or 2" wide x 1" thick with decorative bead on inside edge of stile.
Louvers are available in 2 1/2"(pictured), 3 1/2" or 4 1/2" sizes.
Louvers can either be flat or tapered (pictured).
Nylon Louver Pins
Allow for smooth and easy opening and closing of louvers. The shoulder of each pin acts as a
washer to separate stile and louvers, even after multiple coats of paint have been applied to the shutters.
Tension screws on either side of panel enables an owner to adjust the louver
tension of shutters with a basic phillips head screwdriver.
Measuring 3/8" by 1/2", the tilt rod connects all louvers and can be raised or
lowered to open or close the louvers.
Where panels adjoin another panel stiles are rabbetted to allow panels to overlap by 1/4".
This prevents light from penetrating through the gap between adjoining panels.
Measuring 3" x 3/8" diameter, 3 hardwood dowels provide
strong and durable joinery of each stile and rail.
This optional feature provides the panel greater structural integrity
while allowing the top and bottom section of louvers to be opened and closed independently.
The divider rail is either 4" tall (pictured) for panels with
2 1/2" or 4 1/2" louvers, or 3" tall for 3 1/2" louvers.