Recruiter & HR Generalist
Posted: March 31, 2016
Job Type: Administrative
Acadia Shutters is a small and rapidly growing retailer of window treatments. We currently serve the Atlanta and Charlotte markets and plan to expand into 1-2 markets per year. The HR generalist will primarily focus on recruiting and training of new sales consultants and installers as well a central office roles. The role with all entail employee relations, workforce planning, operational reporting, compensation and benefits. The HR Generalist will be the focal point for answering all HR-related questions for employees.
- Preferred college degree in business/Human Resources field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in human resources with at least 1-2 years experience recruiting
- Must be able to target successful candidates quickly, Influence, negotiate and drive deals to closure.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Strong knowledge of government regulations related to Human Resources issues
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Operational Decision-making
- Performance Management
- Inspire Trust
- Self Confidence
- Cost Effectiveness
- Relationship Building
Duties and Functions:
- Responsible for full recruiting cycle including sourcing, applicant testing, interviewing, presenting and closing qualified entry-level to senior-level candidates.
- Develop a variety of sourcing techniques to identify a high quality, diverse candidate pool in an efficient, cost effective manner, i.e. cold calling, internet, social networks, etc.
- Pre-screens all resumes received via traditional recruiting methods prior to presentation to manager; conduct phone screens and provide summaries of candidates to managers.
- Initiates reference checks and work with background screening vendor as required.
- Documents actions by updating applicant tracking system in real time.
- Prepares recruiting and hiring reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Creates offer letters and sends out on-boarding packets to new hires.
- Created and update training material both for new sales consultants and installers
- Implement programs to streamlines processes.
- Manage monthly benefit eligibility reports.
- Review and adjust monthly benefits billing.
- Oversee employment files maintenance.
- Complete all new hire orientation and paperwork.
- Serve as a resource and support center for managers.
- Serve as a resource on counseling/termination issues.
- Compile annual team member climate surveys.
- Compile semiannual Summit surveys.
- Oversee annual open enrollment benefits process.
- Manage talent development and aligning organizational structure.
- Oversee 401k Plan Administrator Responsibilities.
Ready to apply?
Ready to submit your application? Send a cover letter and email email@example.com